Sunday, July 1, 2012

My School


I have been working at the same school for a little over a month now.  This year I am working for another private school.  In the am to early afternoon hours, I work with Kindergarten students (5 years). Currently I have five students but I can have up to 10 students in that class.  The class is called the Boston class because they are in the Boston classroom.
 At our school all of the rooms are named based on different cities around the world. There is Oxford, Cambridge, Boston, Toronto, London and New York.






In the afternoons, the classes vary each day.  I have a class from 240-4:50 with six second graders. I just switched classes this past week so I don't really know these students very well.  But from 5-7pm on MWF, I have a class of all girls from 3rd grade to 5th grade.  I absolutely love these six girls.  I look forward to the end of my day so I can just hang out with these girls! They are so interesting and seem to find me interesting as well. :)

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I have three more kindergarten students for forty minutes. They are very sweet children but they don't seem to want to speak much English (and we're supposed to have English conversations...).  Then from 5-7pm I have five more students between 5th and sixth grade.  They are a pretty good group of students too.

This year I don't have as much lesson planning and documentation to do.  I'm still figuring out some things about my school, but I'm looking forward to a pretty good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment